Below is information about the workshops that have been held previously in the Brainjo Virtual Classroom.
Videos of prior workshops (along with access to all future workshops) and related materials are all available to members of Breakthrough Banjo. If you’d like access to the workshops, then click the button below to become a member ($7 for the first trial month).
WORKSHOP – “Clawhammer Backup Made Easy”
Clawhammer technique is perfectly suited for playing backup, yet there is surprisingly little instruction on the subject.
And the great thing is, with a few simple concepts and picking patterns, there’s a lot you can do.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- The primary tunings and the primary chord positions
- Percussive picking techniques (palm muting, clucking)
- The essential backup picking patterns
- Shortcuts for easily finding chords up and down the fretboard
- How to play in different situations
- Playing backup in old time jams and in other genres
- How to easily move between backup in different keys
The “Clawhammer Backup Made Easy” Workshop is now available in the Workshop Archive for Breakthrough Banjo members.